What a Year!



2018 has been a year of changes.  I feel like my life is in a constant state of change, but I'm telling you if there was an award for the most changes one woman can go through in a 12 month period, I would definitely be in the running for this year.  

In March my husband and I separated after 13 years.  This was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make.  I will talk more on that later because I think it deserves its own post.    

In May, my beautiful daughter graduated from High School. 



I'm pretty sure I blinked and she was all grown up and a beautiful young lady with such a bright future ahead of her.  

At the end of May, my first born went to the courthouse and got married!  I am a mother-in-law y'all!






I spent the next several months navigating my way through our new "normal" with 5 kids at home and being single (and majorly outnumbered), trying to date, and trying to finalize an adoption. 


In November, we welcomed the sweetest little nugget I have ever met.  She is number 5 from the same birth mother.  She is also my last.  The decision to take her was not an easy one, and one I wavered on for several months.  This is another topic that I will have to go deeper into later because it was hands down one of the hardest decisions of my life. 

We have dealt with my brother being diagnosed and treated for Leukemia, my best friend being diagnosed and treated for breast cancer.  We have seen loss, sickness, sadness and much happiness.  Engagements, divorce and marriage.   Pregnancy announcements and the loss of twin baby boys of a friend.  Accepted new people into our family and said goodbye to other people. There were so many "firsts" and lots of "lasts". 

I met a new "special someone" and I am enjoying getting to know him and his family as well as watching my family get to know and love him.  I am excited to see where this journey takes me in the coming year. 

 I can't say I am sad to say goodbye to 2018, but I am happy and excited to see what 2019 holds for us.  One thing is for certain, I will keep holding it all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Have I Got Myself Into Now?